This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #RediscoverLaMorena #VivaLaMorena #CollectiveBias
I for one can say that I enjoy trying new thing! I have’t always been a fan of spicy food, but living in one of the most cultural cities in the Houston- that has changed. My passion for Mexican food has grown to more than just queso, guac, and chips for example!
I recently discovered LA MORENA at my local Fiesta and decided to try it! Since I don’t eat meat, I decided to make shrimp tacos using their LA MORENA® Chipotle Peppers in Adobo! I like chipotle sauce, so I decided this would be something that was out of my comfort zone, yet comfortable enough! As the leader in the chiles and peppers category, LA MORENA® has been providing US consumers with the highest quality products made in the style and with the taste of the authentic Mexican home and traditional recipes for over 35 years. I for sure rediscovered LA MORENA® and brought boring old shrimp tacos to life. I even wrote down all the deets, so you can make the same recipe! Also, don’t forget to enter the sweepstakes (deets also below), to win exciting prizes that will help you discover new places!
- Dice up jalapenos very small and place them to the side
- Cook rice slowly, adding butter and fresh cilantro as it is finishing
- On the side, grill the diced jalapenos
- When rice is done, place in tortilla with diced jalapenos
- Unthaw shrimp and season with seasoning & 1 tablespoon of butter
- Cook in pan with oil, emptying 1 can (or more, depending on amount of shrimp) of LA MORENA® Chipotle Peppers in Adobo. For a extra kick, add in some extra LA MORENA® Chipotle Sauce too!
- When done, place on taco & enjoy!
Although this was more spicy than my usual food, it was so so yummy & I will for sure be making it again! If you don’t like this recipe, you can find more here. Don’t forget to check back soon to see where LA MORENA® is taking me this summer on Instagram! Speaking of,what is something fun you plan on doing these last few weeks of the summer season?
Until Next Time!